Cleansing process is also known as Shat Kriya it is an important element of yoga as they help in reducing toxins from the body. Our body is like a machine and so its needs to be cleaned time to time. Cleansing process helps the body to get rid of toxins like mucus, acid, gas etc. There are different types of cleansing processes:
- Trataka for Eye Sight
- Neti for upper nasal tract
- Kapalabhati for lower respiratory tract
- Dhauti for digestive tract up to stomach
- Nauli for abdominal muscles and internal organs
- Basti for lower digestive tract especially rectum
- Shankha Prakhshalana is for entire GIT
Benefits of Trataka:
- Trataka is a practice, which is helpful for eyes. It improves the muscles surrounding the eyes and helps to cure mild eye problems like short sightedness.
- It helps in curing sleeping disorder like insomnia. Practicing Trataka before sleep and can improve the nature of sleep.
- It helps in building concentration power. It keeps ones mind calm and stable.
- It develops mental health and nervous stability.
Benefits of Jal Neti:
- Practicing Jal Neti regularly can help you keep your nostrils clean and strengthen your respiratory system.
- It is productive to handle asthma and helps asthmatic people to breathe easily.
- It is a process, which helps us to keep our eyes, ears and nose away from diseases.
- It is good for people with bronchitis as it keeps our nostrils clean so that we do not need to breathe from mouth.
- It cools down the mind by drawing out excessive heat and even eases you from migraine.
Benefits of Kapalbhati:
- This is a breathing practice, which includes active exhalation and passive inhalation. During the inhalation the stomach goes in and vice versa during exhalation. This stomach movement is also beneficial for liver and pancreas.
- It helps in digestion and removes acidity and gas related issues.
- It helps in belly fat loss.
- It helps in removing the blockages in heart and lungs.
- It also increases blood flow of the body.
- It removes laziness from the body and facial charm is a natural benefit.
- It improves memory and concentration power.
Benefits of Dhauti:
- It purifies ones esophagus and stomach.
- Jal Dhauti has a good affect on Acidity, Allergies and Asthma.
- Sutra Dhauti helps purifying the stomach, respiratory tract, dust and pollen allegies.
Benefits of Nauli:
- Nauli helps in strengthening of abdominal muscles and relieves the instines and organs of the lower abdomen.
- It helps in managing blood pressure and diabetes.
- Practicing Nauli is good for heartburn and skin diseases like acne.
Benefits of Basti:
- Helps in Digestion.
- One feels light after practicing Basti.
Benefits of Shankha Prashalana:
- Practicing Shankha Prashalan increases concentration power.
- It decreases ones appetite.
- It fights the impurities of the skin.
- It cleanses the blood and detoxifies the whole body.
- Erase the ailing diseases.
- Purifies the intestines and prevent the tumors in the intestine.
- Helps in easing constipation.